1. Using “natural language” in a database search is MOST likely to produce WHICH of the following results?
2. An in-text citation for a compilation or edited book would look like:
3. According to Aristotle, the statement with evidence to support it is necessary in all arguments. This statement is called
4. A parent topic is a good starting point for ALL BUT ONE of the following reasons:
5. The reference-page citation format for a book includes the following information in the following order
6. We can expect that the work of research will NOT provide us with which of the following?
7. Which of the following sources is likely NOT useful beyond the information it contains?
8. Identify the correct reference-page citation format for an online journal article
9. Limiting the scope of your research project can involve all of the following, EXCEPT
10. Classic argument is based upon ancient Greek rhetoric and argument
11. Which thesis statement offers a strong position for a persuasive paper?
12. All of the following criteria help writers gauge their interest in a topic, EXCEPT:
13. Facts that are common knowledge that are generally known by many people and can easily be found or referenced need to be documented.
14. Claiming that something is true merely because one believes it to be true is known as
15. Research skills are primarily valued for which of the following reasons?
16. When starting a writing project, researchers should approach their research topic as all of the following EXCEPT:
17. “I always vote with the Republican Party. My beliefs are their beliefs.” This is an example of
18. Which of the following is UNLIKELY to help the reader find BASIC information on a topic?
19. Which of the following makes researchers passive rather than active in the research process?
20. The majority of your research should be conducted
21. The use of precise synonyms is MOST helpful for which of the following reasons?
22. One of the consequences for academic dishonesty at Ashford is
23. How are background sources MOST relevant to researchers?
24. Which of the following is the BEST way to begin the research process?
25. Ideas and information that constitute common knowledge don’t need to be cited
26. Lesser-known ideas and interpretations of common knowledge need to be documented
27. Which of the following is not a feature of a paper’s title page?
28. An interpretive framework for an essay should include all of the following EXCEPT
29. Which of the following strategies is NOT used to narrow a subject search?
30. “Rules against cheating are stupid because people cheat all the time and rarely get caught.” This is an example of
31. Using the acronym “BEAM” helps researchers in which of the following ways?
32. Google searches never result in appropriate results for a research-based paper.
33. Choose the best thesis statement.
34. A topic sentence must be followed by supporting evidence.
35. What definition BEST describes the relationship between sibling topics and central topics?
36. Meticulously planning out one’s writing ahead of time most often results in WHICH of the following?
37. The final section of a research paper (usually the last page) is titled
38. When starting your search for peer reviewed scholarly sources, which of the following types of databases is your BEST choice?
39. Which of the following BEST describes the use of subjectivity and opinions in a research project?
40. Which one of the following strategies will NOT help you work through confusion?
41. If you are found responsible for violating the Academic Dishonestly polic, and there are multiple instances of academic dishonesty violations, or a singular violation is egregious, you will be referred to the Student Affairs department for review.
42. Which of the following BEST describes the purpose of a thesis?
43. Which of the following is NOT considered a viable criterion for evaluating sources?
44. When using the BEAM style of evaluation, which of the following is UNLIKELY to occur?
45. Which ONE of the following research purposes offers the best contribution to the field?
46. Which of the following types of sources is LEAST likely to meet your research needs?
47. Peer review is NOT able to provide us with which of the following?
48. Which of the following is generally NOT helpful in a conclusion?
49. To assess research needs, a researcher should begin with WHICH ONE of the following elements?
50. In order to develop knowledge of a subject, which of the following is NOT considered essential?
51. Writers who treat readers as fellow researchers do all of the following EXCEPT
52. Which of the following statement is a myth about writing?
53. Which of the following statements BEST describes plagiarism?
54. The drafting stage of the writing process all of the following strategies, EXCEPT
55. Choose the best thesis statement.
56. As you finalize the essential and supporting questions of the research stage, you need to reconsider coherency to determine WHICH of the following scenarios:
57. Quoted passages from your sources provide all of the following strengths to an essay EXCEPT
58. Which of the following is the BEST definition of small-scale research project?
59. Top-level headings in your research paper should be
60. Which of the following is NOT a reason to use subject-specific databases?
61. A sentence fragment may be corrected by
62. Which of the following BEST describes the purpose of a thesis?
63. An interpretive account should include all of the following EXCEPT
64. Once a writer has completed the first stages of the research project, which of the following is MOST recommended?
65. Which ONE of the following is considered an advanced reading goal?
66. Academic reading entails all of the following traits, EXCEPT
67. Researchers are LEAST likely to want to know which of the following from their sources?
68. Which of the following is NOT advised to overcome “writer’s block??”
69. Synthesizing research is important work for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
70. Acts of plagiarism include, but are not limited to:
71. The concept of “search construction” allows researchers to do all of the following, EXCEPT:
72. A bad thesis will often contain all of the following, EXCEPT
73. “Secret organizations are watching our every move. The fact that we know nothing about them shows how powerful they actually are.” This is an example of
74. If you are confused about an issue, which of the following strategies is MOST effective?
75. Passage-based free-writing helps writers do all of the following?
No reviews. Be the first to write one!